Everyone who plans to attend Mass in person on Saturday or Sunday at Newman or St. Francis Xavier must register at one of the links below. No registration is required for daily Masses.
We continue to live stream our celebration of Mass on Sundays (11:15am), Tuesdays (5:15pm), Wednesdays (9am), and Thursdays (5:15pm) at https://www.facebook.com/pg/siucnewman/videos/ (You do not need a Facebook account to watch. For help with streaming click here.)
Celebration of Mass
Please see the health and safety guidelines for Mass at the bottom of this page. If you know someone without internet access or who is unable to register themselves, you can fill out the registration form on their behalf or direct them to call and leave a voicemail for Fr. Bob Flannery at (618) 457-4556. He will call them back to confirm that there is space. If you have any questions or problems, email email@example.com or call (618) 529-3311.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
In order to facilitate contact tracing, we ask that you register by clicking on one of the links below. If you know someone without internet access or who is unable to register themselves, you can fill out this registration form on their behalf or direct them to call or leave a voicemail for Fr. Bob Flannery at (618) 457-4556. You do not need to give us your name, but please make sure that we have at least some way of getting in touch with you if necessary. If you have any questions or problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (618) 529-3311.
Tuesday, November 24th at 4:30pm
Tuesday, December 1st at 5:45pm
Tuesday, December 8th at 5:45pm
Tuesday, December 15th at 5:45pm
Tuesday, December 22nd at 5:45pm
Future dates and times to be determined, or contact Fr. Bob at (618) 457-4556 to set an appointment.
Health and Safety Guidelines for the Sacrament of Reconciliation
• Penitents must wear face masks or facial coverings the entire time they are in the church, including during confession (those with breathing difficulties can be exempted from this requirement).
• The priest also will wear a mask for the entire time he is hearing confessions.
• All penitents will arrive through the front or handicapped (side) door and be directed to sit in the main worship space at least six feet apart from all others. Please do not enter through the kitchen door.
• The traditional confessional will not be used. Confessions will be heard in the Annex space, with an option for either face-to-face (with distance) or anonymously behind a divider.
• After confession the priest will require that penance be fulfilled outside the church. No penitent is permitted to remain in the church after his or her confession is heard.
Health and Safety Guidelines for the Celebration of Mass
Before you arrive:
• Check your temperature; please do not come if your temperature is above normal.
• Stay at home if you are ill or experiencing any common symptoms of COVID-19.
• Bring a face covering to wear.
When you arrive:
• Enter only through the front door or handicapped (side) door; please do not enter through the kitchen door.
• Wear your mask at all times, except for taking Communion.
• Observe six feet of social distancing at all times.
• Sit as directed by the ushers in the appropriate locations.
• Wash or sanitize hands as needed.
• Collection baskets will be placed near the entrance; there will be no passing of baskets. Or please donate online at donate.siucnewman.org.
During the service:
• No physical sign of peace will be exchanged.
• No collection will be taken during the Preparation of the Gifts.
• Please do not change seats during Mass.
• Leave for Communion when directed by the greeter.
• Maintain 6 feet of distance in line (as marked on floors).
• Approach priest when directed, with mask still in place.
• Extend a single hand to receive Holy Communion.
• Move six feet away from priest, lower mask, and consume Host.
• Replace mask immediately after taking Communion.
After the service:
• Take with you any worship aids you may have brought.
• Follow instructions for dismissal and maintain social distance.
• Use only the designated doors to exit.
• Please do not congregate outside the Church doors.
• Continue wearing your mask until you have reached the parking lot.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this difficult time.